3D Textile Designer (Browzwear)
We pride ourselves for our dynamic approach to growth and as part of our continued expansion plans in Singapore, hiring opportunities are now available in the product development and design team. We are running a search for energetic and passionate 3D designers specializing in garment and textile designs. The 3D Textile Designer will make recommendations on techniques and construction of garment pieces; collaborate closely with the pattern, product development and graphic support teams. Candidates with experience in Browzwear are strongly encouraged to apply.
The 3D Textile Designer will join Lidl’s Design and Development team. Working alongside and supporting the Product Development Manager, he or she will create designs of 3D garments using 3D design software with Browzwear.
- Responsible for development and creation of 3D designs.
- Create 3D libraries.
- Collaborate with the Design and Pattern team, as well as Product Development team.
- Ensure timely completion of 3D designs.
- Provide guidelines about technical specifications and requirements.
- Make appropriate recommendations regarding construction methods and techniques.
- Product groups for this role will involve a variety of ladieswear, menswear, kidswear and sportswear
In addition to the above listed tasks, the 3D Textile Designer will also implement separate projects upon request which may result from operational requirements.
- Be creative, proactive and a good team player.
- Minimum diploma or bachelor’s degree in Fashion/Apparel Design or related field of study.
- At least 2 years of experience in 3D Technical Design for apparel or textile.
- Possess good knowledge in either Browzwear.
- Knowledge in CLO3D, Shima Seiki / APEX 4 will be a plus.
- Proficiency in Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop.
- Professional knowledge of garment construction standards and engineering. E.g. textiles / fabric, trims, finishing, and manufacturing methods.
- Firm understanding of the whole garment process from development to manufacturing.
- Good organizational, interpersonal and communication skills suited to working in a diverse and multicultural environment.