Associate Technical Designer
About the jobAre you a movement maker? Are you seeking new and exciting career opportunities?Here is what you need to know about the job: Leading women’s private label apparel company is seeking a Freelance Technical Designer for Knits & Wovens.
- Partner with Technical Designer to understand and provide technical support to overseas key members in helping improve fit and providing clear and concise comments within internal Excel and PLM Software.
- Assist in developing and created Technical Packages to share with team members with accuracy.
- Enter development sample measurements into Excel T/P and PLM.
- Review, Measure, and evaluate Fit samples from Proto stage to Production TOPs.
- Communicate with overseas team members on all technical issues, providing technical expertise on how to correct or achieve a desired look, with ensuring that there is correlation between correction and updated spec.
- Help to track samples received and approvals with following corporate calendar.
- Working with Technical Designer in developing fit standards within brand and categories
Following Design direction for aesthetic.
- Build Excellent working relationships with cross functional partners in Design, overseas Technical design, Merch and Brand Team Members.
- Understand End to End product development process from concept to delivery.
- Good Time Management Skills with ability to set priorities and review with TD.
- Knowledge and understanding of Grading for Missy and Plus.
- Ability to work in a fluid, fast-paced, multi-channel environment.
- Understanding of basic pattern principles.
Skills & Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Apparel/Technical Design, Textile Sciences or a related field. 3+ years of experience in technical design of apparel; relevant experience in women’s wovens & cut and sew.
- Knowledge working with Walmart is a plus.
- Advanced knowledge of apparel development process from inception through production, including but not limited to: pattern making, grading, construction manufacturing, embroidery, materials, and machinery used in apparel.
- MS Excel, Word, Adobe, PLM experience.
- Experience with 3D software is a plus: Browzwear /Vstitcher, OPTIEX
- Knowledge of computer pattern making software is plus: Gerber, Lectra, Optitex 2D
- Good communication skills
- Experience working with overseas team.
- Familiarity with current trends, color and design and the ability to demonstrate a sense of style, creativity, and color to work with designer in accomplishing a point of view.