Designer, Soft Wovens
The Soft woven Designer is part of the Tommy Hilfiger Womenswear team and is responsible for designing and executing seasonal collections of soft wovens.
The Designer has a strong understanding of the product they are responsible for and works closely with the Snr designer and Product Development team handling that same category. The Designer will also partner with other members of the Design Team to create a cohesive collection that is aligned across product groups with clear story telling reflecting seasonal concept ideas.
The Designer has a strong understanding of woven constructions and a high level of fabric knowledge, with experience across all soft woven product, with a keen eye for feminine styling, shapes, details and prints.
The key objective is to ensure creative commercial product is designed and developed for the Womenswear division, in line with the Tommy Hilfiger brand identity.
- Researching and identifying trends that work within the Tommy Hilfiger brand strategy, translating these into product in line with the seasonal concept direction
- Strong understanding of Soft wovens product is a must, with a keen eye for details, styling, shapes, and prints.
- High level fabric knowledge of Soft woven qualities, plus a strong technical understanding of Soft woven fit and construction
- Translate Wovens trends into commercial collections together with the Senior Designer and Design Manager
- Focus on updates to commercial core product whilst also adding newness, novelty and innovation
- Working to the Divisional Calendar to meet deadlines
- Be able to work to a commercial Range Plan each season, collaborating with the Merchandising team on best seller management, Essential product and seasonal newness
- Preparing all sketches (2D & 3D) for divisional digital presentations and to focus on the follow up of each style
- Prepare all selected and confirmed styles to be digitalized, with garment worksheets and PLM completed to a high standard for sending to joint venture and buying offices globally
- Working closely and communicating daily on challenges and changes that arise during the development of styles. Partner with the Product Developer to ensure a smooth work flow each season
- Understanding and sourcing qualities, print, trims and details that fit in the Tommy Hilfiger aesthetic
- Work closely with the Design Team to align design aesthetics, seasonal details and creative big ideas
- Work closely with Tech and Product Development teams on garment fittings, based on block systems and new seasonal complex styles. Ensure all styles are to the highest possible standard and help find solutions to any problems that may come up during the fitting process
- Responsible to follow up on selected sourcing and fabrics each season with the Product Developer. Supports and partners with the Product Developer to execute each style, making sure that the Tommy Hilfiger DNA is seen in every garment
- Work well in a team environment, utilizing strong communication skills.
The Ideal Candidate
- 4-5 years of experience in Fashion Design with 1 full year of experience in Wovens
- Graduated at a degree level or equivalent
- Excellent computer skills (Illustrator/Photoshop) & hand-drawn skills
- Understanding of 3D software such as Browzwear
- Business English fluency (both written and verbal)
- Ability to translate trends into a commercial collection with a contemporary handwriting
- Is able to work in a highly productive, sometime hectic environment with a hands-on mentality
- Ability to travel within Europe for supplier visits
What You Can Expect from Us:
- A company culture that fosters development, offering training and learning opportunities through our very own PVH University
- An international environment which respects diversity, equality, and individuality
- A monthly Covid home- office budget
- A smart work program that empowers our associates to work from home in the Netherlands, within a flexible schedule
- A beautiful state-of-the-art Campus awaiting you upon our return to the office
Please include an up to date portfolio and motivational letter with your application. We would love to see your aesthetic as well how you commercially design to understand why this is THE role for you!
PVH Europe and our brands, TOMMY HILFIGER and CALVIN KLEIN, are committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse community of associates with a strong sense of belonging. We believe we are bettered by all forms of diversity, and take pride in working with top talent from every walk of life and corner of the world. In the spirit of inclusivity, qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, ethnicity, ability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, nationality, race, religion or sexual orientation.