Freelance Assistant Tech Designer
- Partner with Technical Designer to understand and provide technical support to overseas key members in helping improve fit and providing clear and concise comments within internal Excel and PLM Software.
- Assist in developing and creating Technical Packages to accurately share with team members.
- Enter development sample measurements into Excel T/P and PLM.
- Review, Measure, and evaluate Fit samples from the Proto stage to Production TOPs.
- Communicate with overseas team members on all technical issues, providing technical expertise on how to correct or achieve the desired look, ensuring that there is a correlation between correction and updated spec.
- Help to track samples received and approvals with the following corporate calendar.
- Working with Technical Designers in developing fit standards within brands and categories
Following Design direction for aesthetics.
- Build Excellent working relationships with cross-functional partners in Design, overseas Technical design, Merch, and Brand Team Members.
- Understand End to End product development process from concept to delivery.
- Good Time Management Skills with the ability to set priorities and review with TD.
- Knowledge and understanding of Grading for Missy and Plus.
- Ability to work in a fluid, fast-paced, multi-channel environment.
- Understanding of basic pattern principles.
- Bachelor’s degree in Apparel/Technical Design, Textile Sciences, or a related field.
- Knowledge of working with Walmart is a plus.
- Advanced knowledge of the apparel development process from inception through production, including but not limited to pattern making, grading, construction manufacturing, embroidery, materials, and machinery used in apparel.
- MS Excel, Word, Adobe, and PLM experience.
- Experience with 3D software: Browzwear /Vstitcher, OPTIX
- Knowledge of computer pattern-making software is plus: Gerber, Lectra, Optitex 2D
- Good communication skills
- Experience working with an overseas team.
- Familiarity with current trends, color, and design and the ability to demonstrate a sense of style, creativity, and color to work with a designer in accomplishing a point of view.
- Apply Now