The Pattern Designer for mens wovens will supporting all divisions on the pattern and technical development the Tailored, Shirts and Pants Categories. Within a fast paced working environment, you will focus is on high quality product with perfect fit, beautiful construction and finishing – with a strong emphasis on digital development through pattern software and 3D samples creation,
You will develop product within an end to end development process – concept to production – creating pattern for new blocks and seasonal styles. Working closely with the vendors and offshore team within the process – reviewing & developing prototype samples, signing off production fit samples, providing the necessary graded spec and production comments – recording all date in PLM. Some travel will be required for vendor collaboration, product improvement and seasonal launch.
You will work very closely with your counter parts in PD, Design and Merchandising – ensuring to have a close connection to design direction, market needs and vendor strategy. Always with a focus on high quality product with perfected fit – across all size ranges we provide; Standard, Plus, Big & Tall.
Digital development in 3D is at the center of our TD development process as we collaborate and facilitate high quality 3D sampling in collaboration with design, PD and vendors. Using our extensive block library in the menswear woven department, we create and innovate on new styles guided by the seasonal design direction and market needs. As the TD team develop our knowledge in 3D, you will be involved in many exciting projects as we always ensure that we bring the same level of quality from the physical world into the digital world – you will work towards becoming a Subject matter expert (SME) in your area of expertise – supported with specialist training from beginner level.
Key Responsibilities (5-7)
- Pattern Creation for mens wovens – Seasonal and Block developments
- Technical Development – from Proto to production
- Maintain block book for Mens Woven categories
- 3D sample development and SME of Mens Woven Categories
- Development data integrity – Gerber, Browswear, PLM, FTP Server
- Close Collaboration with Design, PD and Merchandising counterparts
- To ensure that the off shore teams and vendors are up to speed with developments
- Reporting on Development KPI’s – maintaining WIP data in PLM
The Ideal Candidate
- At least 5 years experience as Pattern Designer – In depth knowledge of Gerber required, experience in 3D (Browzwear) advantageous
- A bachelor/ master’s degree in Pattern Design or Technical Development
- You should be experience working in an exciting fast paced commercial environment with a strong brand identity. Adept to working with tight timelines, able to collaborating with many people and translate their needs into the product through your area of expertise.
- We are looking for a flexible, knowledgeable, adaptable, confident person, who thrives in a fast paced, exciting work environment – they should have a team centric mindset, focus on product excellence and be passionate about our consumer and everything digital
- Premium brand or competitor brand experience
- 3D experience in Browzwear or another program
The Ideal Candidate
- Education: higher textile education (Mr. Koetsier, Fashion and textile technology, TMO or similar)
- Minimum 4-6 years’ experience in development/sourcing/production
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Proficient in Adobe Illustrator or InDesign
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to drive conversations with Vendors, Buying offices, Design and Development/Production stakeholders
- A master at working under pressure with deadlines
- PLM Centric
- Understanding of denim production a plus
- Ability to travel to Europe for supplier visits
What You Can Expect From Us
- A company culture that fosters development, offering training and learning opportunities through our very own PVH University
- An international environment which respects diversity, equality, and individuality
- A monthly Covid home- office budget
- A smart work program that empowers our associates to work from home in the Netherlands, within a flexible schedule
- A beautiful state-of-the-art Campus awaiting you upon our return to the office
Please include a cover letter with your application. We would love to know why this is THE role for you!
COVID-19 and Working at PVH
As we continue to navigate the impact of COVID-19 and look ahead to shaping our new ways of working, the health, safety and well-being of our associates remains our #1 priority. This means all of our teams, including HR, work a bit differently*. Our Recruiting process is conducted remotely, primarily via phone and video calls. New hires will be welcomed through an adapted, at-home onboarding program. Equipment will be delivered safely to your front doors.
We will continue to work this way until September 2021, and are looking to shape a more hybrid work-from-home / office model in the coming months.
Should your application be successful, our Talent Acquisition Team will outline the recruitment process and Covid Work policies in your initial call.
- Please note that should you be applying for a role at our PVH Studios, or in our distribution facilities, the hybrid model already applies.
PVH Europe and our brands, TOMMY HILFIGER and CALVIN KLEIN, are committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse community of associates with a strong sense of belonging. We believe we are bettered by all forms of diversity, and take pride in working with top talent from every walk of life and corner of the world. In the spirit of inclusivity, qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, ethnicity, ability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, nationality, race, religion or sexual orientation