Senior Knit Designer- Menswear
The Senior Knits Designer is part of Europe’s Calvin Klein Menswear team, reporting to the Knit Design Manager. This position will be working mainly on the POLO and T-SHIRT categories.
The Senior Designer strongly understands these categories, built up from previous industry experience.
The Senior Designer will partner with other members of the Knit Design Team to create a cohesive language with clear storytelling reflecting seasonal concept ideas.
The Senior Designer will also work together with the Graphic Team to create a strong graphic language for Calvin Klein Menswear. The key objective is to ensure the creative commercial product that is designed and developed for Calvin Klein Menswear is in line with the Global Calvin Klein brand identity.
- Research and identify trends and techniques that align with the Calvin Klein aesthetic.
- Designing polo, graphic tees, and other knit tops (flat knits/cut and sew)
- Strong understanding of graphic techniques on Jersey products.
- Working to the Divisional calendar to meet deadlines.
- Be able to work on a commercial Range plan each season, collaborating with the Merchandising team on best seller management, essential product, and seasonal newness.
- Preparation of all sketches (2D & 3D) for divisional digital presentations and focus on the follow-up of each style.
- Prepare all confirmed styles to be digitalized, with clear garment worksheets and PLM completed to a high standard for sending to the joint venture and global buying offices.
- Working closely and daily communicate on challenges and changes that might arise during the development of styles. Partner with the Product Developer to ensure a smooth work process each season.
- Work closely with the Design team to align design aesthetics and seasonal details and create big ideas.
- Bachelor Level degree (or equivalent) in Fashion Design or similar
- Work experience: at least 4-7 years, with 2 years minimum in the development of knits/jerseys
- High level of understanding of graphic prints and techniques
- Skills: Strong knowledge of Adobe, especially in Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop. Experience using PLM systems and CAD
- Knowledge of 3D Design (eg, Browzwear/ Clo3D) Or open to working in 3D Design and digital processes.
- Strong communication and presentation skills, fluent in written and spoken English, as that is the working language of our business.
- Experience in traveling to vendors for seasonal sourcing and development trips.
- Creative with new ideas, with the ability to be creative within a commercial environment.
- Highly organized with the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- A fast and organized designer to cope with the fast pace of seasons.
- A high level of attention to detail is needed.