Sr. Manager, 3D Materials Virtualization
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Participate in the cross-functional strategic build-out of UA’s virtualization needs. Establish the vision, mission, and strategy, create the step-by-step roadmap, and recruit teammates to achieve the milestones. Identify and assess competing technical approaches through rigorous scouting to ensure UA’s digital strategy stays up-to-date.
- Manage, lead, and mentor 1 to 4 Virtual Materials Analysts or additional contractors.
- Characterize existing textiles aesthetically via existing hardware and software. Determine the requirements needed to cultivate a direct connection between materials physics and aesthetics. Understand the product lifecycle. Build the virtual materials library, tools, and database to support the end-to-end lifecycle of digital products.
- Determine the physics required to characterize an existing textile and yarn virtually; set up the testing protocols and instruments essential to collect and interpret that data to be able to support predictive engineering initiatives, partnerships, and pre-textile development.
- Project and budget management. Initiate, plan, propose, and manage variety of business and research projects to ensure timely deliverables and effective communication and alignment with multi-year corporate strategies.
- Integrate the workflow into the PLM system to seamlessly deliver the benefits of materials virtualization. Design training to drive cross-functional teams’ adoption of the virtual material approach.
- Communicate and collaborate with global Tier I, II, and III suppliers to aid in materials virtualization strategy. Partner with International Materials Team to understand global supply-chain competency as it relates to virtualization.
Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
- Manage, lead, and build the team to support Material Virtualization initiatives.
- Experience in leading projects from ideation to execution.
- Experience in 3D programs or knit simulation programs, e.g. CLO, Browzwear SHIMA SEIKI, STOLL, Keyshot, Substance.
- Knowledge in performance apparel and biomechanics; experience in garment construction and fit.
- Advanced statistical analysis and experience in one of many analytical tools, e.g. Excel, Tableau, R.
- Experience forming industry partnerships.
- Experience in corporate training and workshop facilitation.
- Proficient graphic skills and experienced user of Adobe Suite
- Textile Construction, 3D Software, Statistical Analysis
Travel: Overseas travel (2 times/year) / Industry trade shows/ partnership meetings