About the jobRussell Tobin is currently hiring a Technical Designer for one of the biggest apparel brands in the world.
- The Technical Designer coordinates the fit and construction from initial concept through to commercialization and production for assigned styles to lead to on time delivery and development according to critical dates, product specification, and sustainability, performance, and profitability goals.
- The Technical Designer will also create and revise Tech Pack for assigned styles and ensure all appropriate development documentation is maintained including product specs and prototype notes.
- In addition, the Technical Designer will execute fit and construction standards for a team or product group to ensure consistency.
- You will track and facilitate prototyping for styles; identify and address key issues and challenges in construction/manufacturing and plans accordingly to deliver proven and tested product.
- Additionally you will monitor and communicate progress and challenges throughout the product testing process to meet product integrity requirements.
- The Technical Designer keeps abreast of market trends, team goals, new technologies and consumer needs throughout the development process and engages appropriately to ensure projects are completed within corporate guidelines and goals for all facets of product creation.
- In this role you will also be responsible for the Technical Design of Men’s Sport Performance product. Working with Design, Product Management and PCC on tailoring the product to the specific consumer needs.
- The Technical Designer will collaborate with Design, Product Management, PCC , materials and manufacturing, to effectively execute on product development & fit goals deliverables.
- Bachelor’s degree in apparel design, textile science or related field.
- Two years additional product creation experience may be considered in lieu of a degree
- Minimum 2 years technical design experience in the apparel industry, which includes the apparel development process from inception through production including pattern making, grading, construction, materials, costing, manufacturing and quality
- Strong problem solving, organization and communication skills
- Experience interpreting design intent, offering alternative solutions, and acting as a technical resource
- Experience writing product specs and construction standards instructions.
- Experience working with factory vendors to ensure and improve manufacturability
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Experience using Adobe Illustrator, CAD Pattern Design software (Optitex) and 3D software (Clo/Browzwear) highly desired
- Proficiency with MS Office programs
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time (domestic and international)
- years of experience, education, professional/functional credentials and certifications (for leveling), physical requirements (e.g., “ability to lift…”), and any country-specific items required by local laws (check with your local legal partne