Technical Designer II-Women’s Apparel
About the jobFor over a century, New Balance has inspired athletes and communities of all kinds in their pursuit of excellence. We innovate fearlessly, guided by our core values and we are driven by the belief that conventions were meant to be challenged. We seek leaders and pioneers — because there’s no time to wait around for next. At New Balance, We Got Now. Job Mission As a key member of the Apparel team, The Apparel Technical Designer II will play a critical role bringing Design intention to life from development through production, while maintaining fit consistency and construction standards.
- Responsible for accurately interpreting design’s intent from development through production.
- Create and maintain tech packs including garment construction, sketches, graded measurement charts, fit comments, and pattern corrections.
- Communicate fit revisions to factories through pattern corrections and images.
- Maintain fit consistency based on category history, block patterns and standards specs.
- Research and resolve fit and construction issues using appropriate resources.
- Identify potential production, quality, costing issues and make appropriate recommendations while maintaining design and fit intent.
- Schedule and lead fit sessions.
- Research competitors, trends, and new technologies in the industry.
- Track and manage samples to ensure seasonal deadlines are met.
Requirements For Success
- Degree in Apparel/Fashion Design or related major
- 5+ years of experience in Technical Design or related field
- Experience in garment construction, pattern making, fitting, and specs. Experience with performance apparel a major plus.
- Ability and willingness to travel globally
- Clear and effective written and verbal communication
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Resourceful and agile learner
- Proficient with Microsoft Suite and Adobe Illustrator
- Experience and/or strong desire to learn Gerber Pattern Design and 3D Browzwear Software
- Experience with extended size fit and grade a major plus!