Technical Designer – Pattern Maker
About the jobAre you technically progressive, inspired by working with 100% natural products to create environmental and sustainable natural performance apparel? Does the opportunity to join a talented team that is progressing towards a 3D technical design department excite you? Then this could be the move you’ve been looking for, the move to natural.
How You Will Make a Difference
What you will do:
You will make an impact by maintaining the integrity of the icebreaker brand: ensuring to develop products consistent with established fits, quality standards, manufacturer capabilities, and cost specifications for designated apparel categories.
How you will do it:
Your passion, experience, product knowledge, and skills will support and leverage icebreaker’s continual quest to enable creative expression for our consumers.
What success looks like:
Support our Technical Design Manager and Product Creation team in establishing the fit strategy for the season, and execute icebreaker fit and sizing standards to ensure fit consistency throughout collections.
Be the pattern engineering and fit expert on the Product Creation team throughout the product development cycle.
- Experience and expertise in fit development, pattern creation for both women and menswear, grading and garment sizing.
- Understanding of garment construction standards, grading, manufacturing methods, materials and finishing techniques.
- Experience in working on both jersey and wovens technical apparel, with experience in merino and seamless product an advantage.
- Strong pattern development skills alongside sizing and fit expertise.
- Thorough understanding of the end-to-end product development process.
- Strong working experience and knowledge of product specifications, flat sketching, product fitting, and construction.
- Hands on attitude towards problem solving, including, but not limited to making mock ups and exploring more than one way of getting from A to B.
- Analytical ability to gather and interpret information to develop, recommend and implement solutions.
- A passionate high achiever with drive to deliver best in market product fit for purpose.
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills, able to manage multiple tasks under tight deadlines.
- Experience in PLM and Adobe Illustrator.
- Experience with Optitex or similar digital pattern creation software.
- A digital mindset with experience in 3 D pattern making or Digital Product Creation, Vstitcher capability an advantage.