Technical Designer- Women’s Swim and Intimates
- Assist the category team in setting a fit strategy for the season.
- Maintain fit standards and practices within a category or product group and ensure consistency throughout product lines.
- Fit garments with the team and provide fit direction in accordance to the Designer and product expectations.
- Manage fit sessions and documentation while working closely with the Design team to understand the creative vision of the brand for each season
- Translate design concepts into 3D product working with Browzwear and assisting the team in Final 3D renderings
- Collaborate with the Design team to interpret and clarify each design concept and build a technical portion of the product
- Provide technical recommendations to design staff to create consistency of fit/construction and to help achieve design concepts and category initiatives.
- Represent the Design team as needed in follow-up and decision-making related to aesthetics of assigned styles after each season’s prototype review.
- Translate and/or communicate design concept to generate a 2D pattern that incorporates proportional lines, fit requirements, and construction feasibility.
- Create and communicate pattern revisions, incorporating styling and fit changes.
- Assisting the approval process of graded and nested patterns as it pertains to the product and the team technical workflow.
Skills & Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Apparel/Technical Design, Textile Sciences, or a related field.
3 + years of experience in technical design of apparel; relevant experience in women’s wovens & cut and sew.
- Knowledge working with Walmart or Walmart TD Certification preferred
Advanced knowledge of apparel development process from inception through production, including but not limited to: pattern making, grading, construction, costing, manufacturing, embroidery, materials and machinery used in apparel.
- MS Excel, PowerPoint and Word experience and experience with pattern 3D software is preferred.
- Experience in Adobe Illustrator is preferred
- Experience working with overseas team.
- Experience in 3D software specifically Browzwear
- Pattern making experience, including ability to utilize pattern CAD software.
- Design skills, including drawing, sketching, ideation, color theory, use of texture, spacing and scale, visual presentation, and layout.
- Familiarity with current trends, color and design and the ability to demonstrate a sense of style, creativity, and color to work with designer in accomplishing a point of view.