- Empower exploration and the thrill of the unknown for as many people as possible.
- Protect the places where we live, play, and operate.
- Evolve the way we make our products by improving our environmental performance and social responsibility in the supply chain.
What You Will Do
- Manages moderate to high level technical development of assigned styles from design concept through to production ready hand-off while ensuring the fit and construction/BOM meets or exceeds expectations of quality and cost.
- Plans and tracks the development schedule of prototypes
- Partners with Design to understand the fit intent of styles and the overall aesthetic and translates this to 3D and Physical Proto Samples
- Creates the specifications for the products, publish and maintain all the records, style files, Bill of Materials, and samples associated with the product and related programs.
- Work with the Fit Council to ensure all products within assigned category are aligned to TNF fit standards and guidelines
- Ensures execution of fit intent and fit consistency with support from Fit Council through clear analysis, pattern corrections, visual adjustments, communication and use of Block Patterns
- Develops products, recommends constructions, advises on proper fit for style that meet design and CM expectations. Provide solutions related to cost engineering and adhering to the target margins with support from PD
- Schedule and lead fit sessions with support from Senior TD
- Identify and Assist in the development of department guidelines and standards to ensure operational excellence and consistency across teams
- Participate and/or lead in some special projects, process or calendar optimization with supervision
- Works to approve assigned styles from SMS to Bulk production and releases specs for Fit and BOM/Construction
- Mentor and Coach Associate technical developer
- Train and work in V-stitcher 3D software to create P0’s, concept patterns, P1’s, etc and/or leverage vendor created 3D assets for development to shorten prototype approvals and iterations.
Free To Be, Inclusion & Diversity
As a purpose-led, performance driven company, we strive to foster a culture of belonging based on respect, connection, openness and authenticity. We are committed to building and maintaining a workplace that celebrates the diversity of our associates, allowing them to bring their authentic selves to work every day.
Skills for Success
Years of Related Professional Experience: Apparel technical development/design experience of at least 4-8 years, preferably working with technical outdoor product
Educational Position Requirements: Bachelors Degree in apparel fashion, product development, manufacturing or comparable job experience
What we expect you already know:
- Some experience in working with and traveling independently to offshore vendors
- Some experience with 3D programs (Browzwear: V Stitcher, Clo3D, Optitex) a plus. Will have access to further on-the-job training for Browzwear
- Some experience in Pattern CAD software such as Gerber, Optitex, V-stitcher
- Some experience with PLM/PDM systems
- Good ability to make pattern fit corrections and on body fit corrections
- Working knowledge in Bill of Materials, Specs, Tech Packs
- A strong team player with the ability to collaborate cross functionally.
- Some technical knowledge in terms of Outdoor Product relating to garment fit, construction and quality and excellent attention to detail
- Problem solving and solution focused mindset.
- A keen interest in innovation and a passion for product.
- An ability to work under pressure and to navigate change with open mindedness and flexibility.
- Good knowledge of Windows applications and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills including
- An excellent understanding of the English language, both written and verbal
What’s in it For You
We’re in the business of unleashing human potential, driven by the ideas, energy and commitment of our people. That’s why we offer comprehensive benefits that encourage mental, physical and financial well-being for all VF associates. When it comes to benefits, we’re the total package. Go to MyVFBenefits.com and click on “Looking to Join VF?” to learn more.
Our Parent Company, VF Corporation
VF is one of the world’s largest apparel, footwear and accessories companies connecting people to the lifestyles, activities and experiences they cherish through our family of iconic outdoor, active and workwear brands. At the heart of our journey lies our company-wide purpose: We power movements of sustainable and active lifestyles for the betterment of people and our planet. This is our purpose. It’s the reason we come to work every day. It’s a commitment shared by our global associates across all brands. Our purpose unites us and leads us to pursue our goals, together. This is our calling. Learn more at vfc.com