Virtual Image Creation Manager
A Day in the Life
Working at the centre of technology, apparel, and design, the Manager of Virtual Image Creation team will lead a team of experts to create and commercialize premium performance product, in 3D, ensuring its fit and function for the intended end use in accordance with lululemon business goals.
- Driving collaboration and alignment with Product Creative & cross-functional partners to ensure the successful development of digital environments and prototypes through design areas including concepting, prototyping, interaction, working with research and innovation, standards creation, and product governance
- Inspiring, engaging, and enrolling peers by being on the leading edge of emerging technologies
- Lead and prioritize team to deliver virtual prototypes, store environments, 3D renders, and digital pattern (where required)
- Manage the execution of digital libraries (pattern, materials, standards, etc.)
- Ensure brand professionalism and consistency across 3D assets, including virtual prototypes, digital fabric scans, and store environments, by obtaining approval from Product Creative and cross-functional partners.
- Lead and manage VICE team members to ensure their development and growth
- Manage resources and priorities effectively to deliver department goals and objectives
- Drive change readiness and continuous improvement of processes and tools to deliver business results
- Seek out new tools, innovation, and processes in the apparel digital eco-space and partner with product, technology, and operational counterparts on implementation
- Contribute to broaden product team creative processes, team building, and our strong cultural values around diversity, inclusion, transparency and growth mindset
- 10-12 years of apparel or product industry experience
- 3 -5 years of experience in apparel industry (as it relates to 3D), Digital Product Design and/or 3D Product Animation or Graphic formally recognized education
- Experience managing a team of individual contributors
- Extensive technical knowledge of performance product, fit, construction, costing and international manufacturing; domestic manufacturing would be an asset
- Experience leveraging Gerber Pattern Making (or other similar digital pattern making systems) preferred
- Proficiency in MS Office (Excel/Word/Outlook, Adobe Design Suite/Illustrator and Photoshop) and Flex PLM or similar PLM software
- Deep understanding of 3D tools (Browzwear, Clo3D, Rhino, Modo, etc) and processes and how they can be applied and leveraged in the apparel industry.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including analytical, problem solving, organizational, issue resolution, and internal and external relationship management
- Decisive and strategic leader with a proven track record
- Passionate about mentoring, coaching, and training team members according to individual goals and objectives
- Approaches problem solving with conceptual and strategic thinking
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional leaders across a variety of product categories
- Extensive knowledge of cross-functional team accountabilities paired with a detailed understanding of product creation calendar from design through to in store delivery
- Curiosity for change and learning, capable of managing ambiguity
- Professional written, visual, and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Self-motivated, strong sense of urgency, collaborative mindset
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast paced, cross functional team environment
Acknowledges the presence of choice in every moment and takes personal responsibility for their life.
Possesses an entrepreneurial spirit and continuously innovates to achieve great results.
Communicates with honesty and kindness, and creates the space for others to do the same.
Leads with courage, knowing the possibility of greatness is bigger than the fear of failure.
Fosters connection by putting people first and building trusting relationships.
Integrates fun and joy as a way of being and working, aka doesn’t take themselves too seriously.