As the Senior Technical Designer, you will be instrumental in executing and owning the Technical Design process of natural merino apparel.
- You will make an impact by maintaining the integrity of the Icebreaker brand and developing products consistent with established fit and sizing standards to ensure fit consistency throughout collections.
- Support our Technical Design Manager and lead the Product Creation team in upholding and executing the fit strategy for the season.
- Be the brand ambassador for pattern engineering and fit excellence.
- Partner with the Global cross-functional product teams to meet style commercialization timelines.
- Uphold brand standards and make recommendations applying technical knowledge related to product fit, pattern, sizing, and performance while averting risk and mitigating increases in cost.
Strategic role/Relationship Building:
- Builds trusting and collaborative relationships with key teams across the business.
- Openly seeks out individuals internally and at the factory, level to share relevant information that benefits the customer, business, and VF associates.
- Debates and provides authentic dialogue with stakeholders to achieve the shared goal.
- Actively listens to others and exchanges ideas.
- Applies facts and adapts own communication style and language based on the audience and situation.
- Be proactive, effective, and timely when communicating with all associates.
- Provide active coaching to vendors and regional team members to encourage and foster new knowledge while ensuring VFs values are upheld.
- To provide timely decisions to vendors to avoid potential delay or inaccuracy in sample making or production.
Check out our benefits:
- Our discounts on icebreaker clothing are ridiculously generous.
- Wellbeing leaves: an extra five days off annually (prorated).
- Southern Cross Wellbeing One: a broad surgical and healthcare plan plus free flu shots and access to confidential support, guidance, and counseling 24/7.
- Learning & Development: comprehensive, on-demand learning available 24/7.
- Parental leave: we offer the primary carer eight weeks of top-up pay and two weeks of paid leave for partners.
- Hybrid working provides flexibility whilst retaining connection and collaboration opportunities in our awesome workspace on Ponsonby Rd.