Have you ever dreamed of wearing one-of-a-kind clothes that truly reflect your inner self? Garments that physically match the image you have in your mind? Have you looked for technological solutions that would help you showcase your talent in fashion design? Solutions that would allow you to spend more time exploring where your creativity takes you?
With Browzwear’s technologically advanced, user-friendly fashion design solutions, your dreams can now come true!
Browzwear’s virtual 3D fashion software
Browzwear is continuing to lead the virtual fashion design revolution. With its latest edition of VStitcher and Lotta software, you now have highly sophisticated yet easy-to-use tools at your fingertips, to help you virtually design your own clothes. What has taken you hours to do in the past, will now take minutes!
These are the main technologically advanced features that we have developed for you, the virtual fashion designer:
- Jump in! In no time at all, you’ll feel like a pro. Our intuitive interfaces will guide you through the 3D clothing design process, smoothly taking you from one step to the next, until you see your finished garment on the screen, exactly as you envisioned it.
- Select a material from an existing library that is rich with options, and change the material at a click of a button until you find the one you’re happiest with. To help you make the optimal choice, the library includes comprehensive information on each material, also specifying its physical properties.
- As you progress, you can also create and add your own library for easy access in the future.
Adding trims and artworks
- Select trims and add artworks, and position them on the garment by simply dragging and dropping them where they are the most flattering.
- You can group your artworks and trims to move them all together, while still retaining the ability to interact with each one separately, if you wish; for example, to scale one or more, but not others.
360° 3D view
- The garment you are designing is viewed in a window on your screen in 3D, and can be displayed from any angle you choose.
- The 3D view also allows viewing the draping of the different materials, to help you select the one that works best for you.
- Browzwear takes rendering to a new level with its exceptionally realistic visualization of velvet, metallic, glitter, PVC and other materials. It enables you to perfectly match the garment you see on the screen to the image in your mind. How cool is that!
- Any change in the selection of materials, seams, artworks, etc., and any alteration you make, appears on your screen instantaneously, allowing you to continue designing without wasting precious time.
Achieving optimal fit
- The combination of all the advanced features ensures that achieving optimal fit is clicks away. When selecting the right material, artwork, trims and all other elements, and with a 3D view of the garment throughout the design process, you can’t miss!
- Browzwear software does even more! For example, you can check if a sleeve is at the appropriate length by viewing it not only on a straight arm, but also when the elbow is bent.
- In this dedicated workspace, you can now create, manage and adjust colorways effortlessly and quickly. Changes that you make – whether in materials, physical properties, trims or other parameters – are updated at a click in other colorways you are working on.
Creating a virtual catalog
- With Browzwear’s VStitcher and Lotta virtual 3D fashion software with enhanced visualization and multiple state-of-the-art features, creating a virtual catalog of your self-designed fashion is a breeze!
- Creating patterns the old way – manually – is such a drag… so you’ll be happy to find that with Browzwear software this task is now also much easier and less time consuming!
Now is the time to let your imagination run free, to tap into your inner creativity and sources of inspiration, and translate your vision into reality. With Browzwear’s trailblazing software, virtually creating unique fashion and displaying your talent for the world to see has never been easier and more enjoyable!
In our last post, we introduced the new Colorways workspace. In this post, we’ll provide details about the new Physical-Based Rendering (PBR) material system integration for state-of-the-art material renderings. The new integration is native to VStitcher and Lotta and delivers more realistic ray-trace output, as well as real-time output in our 3D window.
PBR makes material renders more robust, enabling a realistic look of materials in real-time 3D including metallics, velvet, glitter, and many more. PBR materials were originally developed by Disney and are used in professional pipelines for films and animation. We are proud to be the first apparel-focused software to integrate this advanced and robust material system.
The new integration enables improved output in the 3D window and when rendering. Users will also enjoy more material maps detailed in the Context view for each material type, as well as the addition of Browzwear PBR FBX format as an option when exporting 3D objects. Users are also free to access and use a selection of high quality PBR materials in the Browzwear online asset library.
For our full documentation about PBR, visit our Help Center.
Just when you thought we couldn’t have done it better… We went ahead and tipped the scales. Some of our most exciting and useful enhancements from the April 2019 update of VStitcher and Lotta, are the upgraded features we incorporated into our Group, Lock and Hide tools. It’s everything you’ve known and loved about grouping, locking and hiding…plus a little more oomph!
All Together Now, 1-2-3
The April 2019 edition added new capabilities and a robust Group feature. Now, you can group internal elements together and perform actions on all the elements together as a group. The following objects can be grouped for easy manipulation: artwork, trims, internal lines, and pieces that are all attached to one base piece. Read more about Grouping Elements in the Support section.
Lock it up!
It’s now easier than ever to lock elements, protecting them from accidental changes. Once locked, the elements cannot be selected or stitched, which protects the element from being accidentally edited or changed. There are several ways to lock elements, and you can read more about it in the Support section.
I Can See Clearly Now
With enhanced “Hide” options, see your garments more easily by seamlessly hiding elements in the 2D window or the 3D window or both. Group all your measurement rulers, lock them and then hide them so you can continue designing freely without any clutter, and confident that your measurement rulers are safe from unintentional edits. For more detailed information on the updated features, check out the Support section.
Working across all colorways has never been easier and quicker. With the new, improved workflow, what used to take hours, now takes only minutes!
Browzwear is proud to introduce Colorways – a dedicated intuitive workspace for creating, managing and adjusting colorways, with multiple new features developed to optimally respond to designer needs. With this latest innovative technological tool, Browzwear is continuing to lead the fashion industry and further streamline the apparel design process, to support you, the apparel designer, in unleashing your creativity.
The Colorways interface clearly displays the color libraries, as well as all the materials, fabrics, seams, artwork and trims you can choose from. It provides you with full control of all parameters, and with the ability to introduce modifications more easily than ever before. Any change in the choice of fabrics, colors, trims, physical properties, etc. can be updated at a click, in either one, several or all the colorways. Icons indicate links to other colorways in which the same changes in trims and artworks have been implemented. To change the color of a material, simply drag and drop the color icon to the material. Artwork, including its texture and physics, is easily added anywhere on the garment, and can be scaled to different sizes, linked to or unlinked from trims, and updated with a click. Another important option provided by Colorways is copying and pasting specific individual features, such as only the physical properties, to provide you with full flexibility in realizing your vision. As you continue in your design process, you can clone, add, import, delete and rename colorways – all with a click or two.
All the modifications are viewed in real time, in a window of adjustable size, in 2D and 3D. Preview images, which previously showed only colors, now display complete images, with the added option of grid view. These images can be reorganized in the order you prefer, which will automatically be reflected in the generated tech pack as well. Furthermore, thumbnails also provide a more true-to-life representation, with the checkered background removed and shadows added to improve fabric viewing.
A supplemental new feature, significant also in terms of its implication on reducing production costs, is the display of ‘colors in use’. This feature allows you to easily identify if you have used, for example, two very similar colors, and unify them by placing the icon of one on the other.
The one of the two that you have chosen will automatically be updated where the other one has been implemented.
Try out our new Colorways workspace and share your experience with us!
Please join us at Product Innovation Apparel in New York on June 17-18; it will be a great opportunity to discover the technologies disrupting the fashion, apparel and footwear industry.
At the event, you’ll learn about the latest developments in the industry, by some of the most progressive companies around the globe. Some of our customers and partners will be speaking and leading sessions that dive into their experience with 3D and other technologies that are transforming the way we work.
Contact us to schedule a meeting at PI Apparel New York to learn more about Browzwear solutions.
Register for the event here.
New update brings enhancements and improvements to VStitcher and Lotta 2019 April Edition.
We hope you’ve enjoyed working with and getting to know the new features in VStitcher and Lotta 2019 April Edition. We wanted to let you know that the latest software build is now available for download. The build includes enhancements and improvements as detailed in the Release Notes, and we have fixed some issues from the initial release.
Click here to read the full release notes and here to download.
If you have any questions about the update or any of our products, please contact your Browzwear representative.
Browzwear was proud to sponsor the AATCC Concept 2 Consumer® Student Design Competition for the second year. More than 120 students from 24 colleges and universities submitted 96 entries to the competition with the theme: Splashing Around. The challenge was for students to design a line for a specific outdoor activity that is both fashionable and functional to use in the rain.
We awarded the first place winner a MacBook Pro with a one-year VStitcher software license and the opportunity for a paid summer internship. The second place winner was also awarded a one-year VStitcher software license and an opportunity for a paid internship from Browzwear. Two honorable mentions received a VStitcher license as well.
This year’s winners include:
- 1st Place: 3PG – Paralympic Precipitation Practice Gear by Jessica Bachansingh, Florida State University
- 2nd Place: Rain or Shine by Bonnie Smith, Auburn University
- Honorable Mentions:
- Come Rain or Shine by Grace Kirimi, Cornell University
- Pitter Patter by Rebecca Norwood, Auburn University
It has been our pleasure working with AATCC as a sponsor and supporter of this exciting competition. We love to see the creativity and ideas from the students through their incredible designs.
Team Browzwear will be attending LiveWorx in Boston from June 10 to 13 and we look forward to meeting you there. LiveWorx is a one-of-a-kind digital transformation event for the industrial enterprise with more than 6500 technologists who will come together to advance their business strategies, solve challenges, establish connections, experience disruptive tech demos and redefine the future of work.
Lena Lim, Browzwear’s Chief Commercial Officer, will participate in a panel called “Unlock the Value of Digital Product Creation with Seamless Integration of 3D Design Tools and PLM” on Wednesday, June 12th at 9:00 a.m.
- Discuss strategies for bringing winning products to market faster
- Explore the role of 3D design tools in reducing cycle time
- Look at the additional benefits to be achieved by integrating 3D tools with PLM
Contact us to schedule a meeting to learn more about Browzwear solutions at LiveWorx. For more information or to register for the event, visit https://www.liveworx.com/.
We’re saying goodbye to winter and springing into fashion and warmer weather with brand new 3D clothing design tools and features for brands. We heard our customers and gathered feedback and input to create advanced features which make it easier for you to design your own clothes virtually.
Some of the new features include:
- Brand New Colorways Workspace provides the first and only advanced, comprehensive solution for professional apparel designers. The new workspace enables full control over all the different colors, fabrics and graphics as well as the ability to apply changes across all, some or one colorway. What used to take hours, now takes minutes with the new highly intuitive colorways workspace that provides everything for quick decision making and includes advanced tools to make broad changes in a click of a button.
- Native Physical-Based Rendering (PBR) material system integration for state-of-the-art material renderings. PBR makes material renders more robust, enabling a realistic look of materials in real-time 3D including metallics, velvet, glitter and many more. PBR materials were originally developed by Disney and are used in professional pipelines for films and animation. We are proud to be the first apparel-focused software integrate this advanced and robust material system.
- New 3D Styling Properties including retouch, flatten and erase make it easier to make adjustments and communicate issues to pattern makers by showing them exactly where to make pattern modifications while keeping the integrity of the pattern pieces.
- Group/Lock/Hide enable designers to quickly group multiple elements and move them around together (e.g. a graphic and lines or trims), lock a specific element so it doesn’t move when others move, or hide a specific element’s type (e.g. all the measurement lines from the pattern maker) enabling a multidisciplinary team to work on a single garment together.
- U3M File Format Support enables brands to add a local/custom library and directly manage the brand materials. Now all the material information – from high end visual information to the physics properties of the fabric – is packaged in one single file, making it easier to share. In addition to the standard Browzwear library, everyone at the organization can access the local library as well.
- Other improvements including reduce points, auto-save and 3D measurements.
Want to hear more? Check out our on-demand webinars for an in-depth look at VStitcher and Lotta – April 2019 editions, or visit our online Help Center.
Let us know what you think…